Import Product Manager
This position is an all-inclusive product management role responsible for ensuring the accurate, timely development and maintenance of cut-and-sew products for Travelon and assigned projects. The Import Product Manager will work cross-functionally within departments including design, marketing, sales and accounting. They will monitor assigned accounts and product lines and overseas vendors to ensure designs are properly interpreted, samples are made, approved for production while meeting all specifications, pricing and deadlines. Other duties include placing initial and maintenance purchase orders, managing inventory levels of assigned accounts, client interfacing, meeting and tradeshow travel as needed.
- Have the ability to professionally and accurately present to and communicate to outside firms and customers on multiple levels including presentations.
- Have the ability to propose ideas in regards to fabrication, style definition, functional features or construction, fit and design detail
- Research industry trends and standards and propose new product ideas
- Communicate daily with the overseas sample-room and factories to ensure all aspects of product design, manufacturing and product specifications are met
- Work with the Marketing and Graphics Department to ensure all packaging and promotional material needs are met.
- Negotiate factory costs, compute landed costs and suggested selling prices, ensure accurate margin requirements; and duty and freight rates.
- Must learn to proficiently work within Travelon's computer systems.
- Learn, generate and monitor necessary reports such as: purchase orders, inventory, projected inventory and vessel tracking
- Work with sales to maintain inventory levels by item as assignedMust inspect product upon delivery for correctness, identify product defectives, and work with factories to resolve issues
- Work with logistics and warehouse to ensure delivery of products
- Assists in maintaining branded products showroom
- Ability to work more than 40 hours a week if needed
- Other duties as assigned
This person interacts with private label clients, sales representatives, overseas manufacturers and others as necessary.
- Must have a minimum of 2-6 years of experience with the full-cycle product import process. Please Note: we are not looking to hire Senior Level Mangers at this time.
- Experience identifying fabrics, trims and garment components OR have hard-goods experience working on home, garden, culinary or electronic appliances is a plus.
- Minimum 4 year college degree
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Must have a tenacious work ethic and be able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities
- Experience with mass-market merchandisers a plus
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Purchasing experience a plus
- Must be accurate, organized, with an attention to detail
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and some PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently as well as within a group
- Must be mature, polite, and self-motivated
- Must be able to travel if necessary
- Ability to speak, read and write Chinese a plus
- Must be able to carry 30 lbs.